This course covers EDM Council's DCAM Framework
Table of Contents
What is the DCAM?
The Data Management Capability Assessment Model is a tool designed to help organizations evaluate their data management practices and identify areas for improvement. By using this framework, businesses can ensure that their data is accurate, secure, and accessible, which can lead to better decision-making and improved performance. Our training program, offered in partnership with the EDM Council, provides an overview of the framework and a DCAM certification examination.
Why is it important to assess your organization's data management practices?
Assessing your organisation's data management practices is important for several reasons. First, it helps you identify areas where your data may be at risk, such as security breaches or data loss. Second, it allows you to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of your data, which is essential for making informed business decisions. Finally, it helps you ensure that your data is accessible to those who need it, when they need it, which can improve overall organizational performance. By using the Data Management Capability Assessment Model, you can take a proactive approach to manage your data and ensure that it is a valuable asset for your organization.
DCAM (the Data Management Capability Assessment Model) is the industry standard, best practice framework designed to assist today's information professionals in developing and sustaining a comprehensive data management program, and one that is a business and operational priority in their firm.
DCAM was developed by industry professional members of the EDM Council, the global non-profit association for data management. The DCAM model is used by a substantial majority of financial industry firms, including Tier 1 and Tier 2 banks plus regulators, with rapid adoption across other industries such as insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
The DCAM course provides a comprehensive perspective on the capabilities needed to develop and implement a practical data management function. The curriculum is organized into eight core components covering over 100 essential data management capabilities and sub-capabilities. Each capability is supported by a series of requirement statements including specific objectives, scoring guidance, implementation advice and artefacts needed for the evaluation of data management programs. The latest DCAM v2 Course includes new capabilities for provisioning data to advanced analytics and AI/ML initiatives and includes data ethics.
This DCAM Certification Package includes the DCAM course plus the certification exam.
Discounted packages are also available to support combined DCAM and CDS or DCAM and CIMP accreditations
The DCAM course covers eight core components
Data Strategy and Business Case
- Data Management Strategy
- Data Management Business Case
- Data Management Vision
Data Management Program and Funding
- Establishing a Data Management Program
- Funding a Data Management Program
- Creating a Data Management Organization
- Data Management Road Mapping
- Ensuring Process Excellence in Data Management Practices
- Engaging Stakeholders in the Data Management Program
- Designing and Operating Communications and Training Programs
- Measuring and Evaluating the Data Management Program
Business & Data Architecture
- Creating a Data Architecture Function
- Integrating Business and Data Architectures
- Identifying and Defining Data
Data & Technology Architecture
- Integrating Data and Technology Architectures
- Managing the Data Management Technology Stack
- Operational Risk Planning
Data Quality Management
- Creating a Data Quality Management Function
- Data Profiling and Measurement
- Remediating Data Quality Issues
- Measuring and Monitoring Data Quality
- Creating a Data Governance Function
- Managing Data Governance Policies and Standards
- Governing the Data Management Program
- Governing Data Domains and Data Structures
- Governing Data Access & Use Governing Data Ethics
Data Control Environment
- Demonstrating and Operating a Data Control Environment
- Collaborating for Cross-Organizational Data Control and Management
- Managing Data Risk
- Creating an Analytics Management Function
- Aligning Analytics with Business and Data Management Strategies
- Aligning Analytics with Data Architecture
- Aligning Analytics with Data Quality Management
- Designing and Operating the Analytics Platform
- Operationalizing Analytics Models
- Managing Analytics Culture & Education
Training is delivered online - all you need is sound and an internet connection.
The courses are designed to equip you with the core skills you need to do your job, as well as advanced tips and tricks normally only gained with years of experience, and do not depend on a particular product or environment. Whether you are just entering the data governance arena, or have years of experience, you will find a course to suit your education needs.
Each course includes the DCAM certification exam
Data Management Training for the Enterprise
Today more than ever companies are watching expenses and looking for ways to streamline processes, make training convenient, and create a consistent learning environment. eLearningCurve Enterprise is a flexible, convenient and cost-effective way to train your employees and ensure that all team members have access to information management training they need when they need it.
Whether your team or department works in the same office or are on the other side of the world from each other, you can train them on time and on budget with eLearningCurve Enterprise.
Our professional, e-learning-based training program is not only convenient for your staff but also safe.
All our Certifications