This course covers EDM Council's Cloud Data Management Capabilities (CDMC) Framework
Table of Contents
Cloud Data Management Capabilities Framework Training and Certification
The Cloud Data Management Capabilities Framework is the industry-standard, best practice framework for the management and control of sensitive and important data in cloud, multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments.
The development of CDMC was facilitated by the EDM Council with the contribution of over 300 professionals from over 100 organizations including cloud consumers, cloud service providers, technology providers and consultancies.
The framework provides organizations with the ability to assess their current state cloud data management capabilities and identify gaps for remediation. CDMC also enables cloud service and technology providers to audit and certify that their products and services support and automate key controls for the control of sensitive data in cloud environments.
Our CDMC course provides a comprehensive perspective on capabilities needed to manage and control data at scale in cloud environments.
The CDMC course: Six core components
The curriculum is organized into six core components covering 37 essential data management capabilities and 14 key controls.
Each capability is supported by a series of requirement statements including specific objectives, implementation advice, artefacts and scoring guidance that enables the evaluation of cloud data management initiatives.
- Governance & Accountability
- Cataloging & Classification
- Access & Usage
- Protection & Privacy
- Data Lifecycle
- Data & Technical Architecture
You will learn:
- A comprehensive understanding of Cloud Data Management best practices
- The objectives and key considerations of each of the detailed sub-capabilities
- The drivers and automation opportunities associated with each of the key controls
- Use cases for the framework, including its use in assessment and certification
- The relationship between CDMC and the EDM Council’s DCAM framework
- The resources that are available to support the adoption and use of the framework
This course is geared towards:
- Anyone involved in or impacted by cloud migration and adoption of cloud services and technologies
- Anyone with an interest in understanding the capabilities, challenges and opportunities offered by cloud data management
CDMC Certification & Badges
CDMC Certification is awarded upon completion of the CDMC curriculum plus successful passing of the online certification exam.
The most efficient and cost-effective way to get CDMC certified is with one of our CDMC Packages. We offer packages for new students and for students who want to earn CDMC along with CIMP or DCAM certification.
EDM Council issues digital badges for Certification to all students who complete the Cloud Data Management Capabilities Framework training and pass the exam.
These credentials are a validated presentation of accomplishment, skill and quality. They are managed by a third party providing independent validation of the credentials. The recipient can display the badges in their CV, correspondence signature or on profile sites such as LinkedIn. EDM Council’s certification of CDMC is a well-recognized credential in the cloud data management profession across multiple industries.
All our Certifications