MDM partner, eLearningCurve launches new Data Mining course
Master Data Management's enterprise information management education partner, eLearningCurve.com has extended the Business Intelligence curriculum with the new Data Mining Concepts and Techniques course.
Data mining is not a new discipline, but is growing in relevance as a key capability for data scientists grappling with the new data sources available through big data. Data mining is the process of collecting, searching through and analysing data sets to discover previously unknown relationships.
The eLC course defines both data mining and data science and provides a review of the concept, processes and techniques used in each area.
This 3-hour online training course will give you insight into the data mining process, explain models and algorithms, and give an understanding of how to match the right data mining models to the right problems.
You Will Learn
- The definitions of data mining and data science
- The role of statistics in data mining
- Machine learning concepts
- To differentiate between supervised and unsupervised learning
- The data mining process
- How to conduct exploratory data analysis
- To identify data mining models and algorithms
- How to match the problem with the model
- Model validation techniques
- How to deploy data mining models
This course is geared towards data analysts looking to gain and extend their foundational datya mining knowledge, and requires a basic understanding of undergraduate statistics and data management concepts.
This course extends eLc's focus on big data concepts and can contributwe towards the internationally recognised Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) accreditation in Business Intelligence. To achieve this certification candidates must complete at least 5 courses from the eLC Business Intelligence track, and pass the associated examinations.
"The Business Intelligemne track is one of our more popular curricula," says Gary Allemann, MD of Master Data Management. "this new course offers another opportunity for companies to extend their advaned analytics and big data skills via elearning."
eLC provides over 80 elearning courses covering the broad range of enterprise information management disciplines and provide a platform for corporations to improve their access to these scarce skills by educating and certifying the EIM teams.
Call 011 485 4856 for more information
MDM partner, eLearningCurve launches Introduction to NoSQL course
The new course, by William McKnight, provides BI practioners and data scientists with a base understanding of emerging NoSQL technologies.
This 3.5 hour training course addresses the NoSQL community, as well as key users, providing guidance on how NoSQL technologies work, where NoSQL adds value to an enterprise information strategy, how to identify ideal workloads for NoSQL, and how to move NoSQL projects into production.
You will learn:
- Big data basics
- Enablers for NoSQL
- NoSQL data models: key-value, document, graph
- NoSQL usage patterns
- NoSQL database architectures
- Graph database modeling and architecture
This course contributes towards a Certified Information Management Professional accreditation in Business Intelligence (CIMP in BI).
The CIMP in BI covers BI fundamentals as well as advanced analytics courses such as:
- Big Data Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Predictive Analytics
- Simulation Analytics
- Data Mining in R
- Data Mining Concepts and techniques
As such, the accreditation for both entry level BI practioners, as well as data scientists and big data practioners.
You can acess more information by visitng http://www.masterdata.co.za/index.php/bi-education-proposal, or call 011 485 4856
Collibra 5.0 introduces Catalog to manage data complexity
Master Data Management (MDM), the Southern African distributor of Collibra Software and leader in data governance software solutions has announced the availability of a new major release -- Collibra 5.0 – to the local market. The new release offers outstanding ease of use as well as improved performance and flexibility to help users find, understand and trust critical enterprise data.
The follows the recent launch of Collibra Catalog, a data catalog that helps data scientists and citizen data analysts spend less time looking for data and more time solving critical business challenges. Collibra Catalog is available as part of Collibra 5.0, a new cloud-based or on-premises data governance solution that delivers outstanding ease-of-use, performance, and flexibility for organisations that put a premium on leveraging their data to make better and smarter decisions.
Collibra 5.0 takes an advanced “consumerised” approach to data governance technology that enables business users to “shop” for and find data in much the same way as they shop for products in their everyday lives on consumer sites like Amazon.
“Organisations that view data as a true enterprise asset gain a natural competitive advantage in today’s business world. But too few organisations manage data through a ‘system of record’ the way other critical enterprise functions like sales, HR, or finance are managed,” said Felix Van de Maele, Collibra co-founder and CEO. “Collibra 5.0 serves as that ‘system of record,’ providing a data governance backbone that helps organisations increase the value of their data and eliminate data silos. Our new Collibra Catalog helps eliminate one of the major pain points with which data scientists and business analysts grapple – namely, the time-intensive and tedious process of finding data – and enables them to work more quickly and strategically to solve critical business challenges.”
"Our customers cite the complexity of their environments as a major obstacle to achieving their information management goals. The Catalog is one of several data governance tools that help big companies to understand their data landscape, and get a handle on this complexity," says Gary Allemann, MD of Master Data Management
“Organisations need key capabilities and new methods to realise the full value in their data. Implementing collaborative data governance and stewardship capabilities at scale while reducing obstacles enables users to harness actionable information that is more accessible, more comprehensible, and more reliable. Collibra 5.0 advances data governance capabilities for addressing an organisation’s need to understand and trust its data,” says John O’Brien, Principal Advisor and CEO, Radiant Advisors.
Key Collibra 5.0 Features:
Collibra Catalog: Collibra Catalog helps the business data analyst to discover, describe, assemble, and govern data sets to improve trust in analytics based on those data sets. It serves as a single source of intelligence for data experts and other data citizens across the organisation who need quick access to enterprise data:
- Data experts are empowered through advanced semantic search features to find, use, and enrich data assets for a more immediate business impact.
- Business intelligence analysts are freed from wasteful data wrangling so they can devote more of their time to solving real business problems.
- “Self-service” data citizens can use existing data in new and different ways, driving insight through collaboration and crowdsourcing to increase the value of existing data assets and eliminating data silos.
Collibra Catalog also features unique data catalogue functionality that:
- Goes beyond structural and usage metadata and combines an easy “data shopping” experience with the complete meaning, lineage, and relationships of data.
- Incorporates machine learning functionality that serves up increasingly relevant data to users over time.
- Provides out-of-the-box operating models and flexible structure for easy-to-use information about any type of data. The Collibra Connect functionality then links the data sources, business applications, data lakes, data quality systems, and all sources of metadata into a responsive system. These connections enable changes to be detected and policies applied immediately, without manual steps, driving active data governance.
Additional Collibra 5.0 Functionality:
Collibra 5.0 offers a variety of new ease-of-use, performance and flexibility benefits, including:
- A more responsive and intuitive user interface that improves navigation.
- A new, easier-to-use open API that enables Collibra customers and partners to extend existing data governance capabilities or create new ones using the platform.
- A management console integrated within the Collibra Data Governance platform that simplifies data “housekeeping chores” and enables the management of an enterprise data governance system.
- Collibra 5.0 is also available for mobile users on iOS and Windows devices.
Collibra 5.0 usability features include:
- Global Create: Allows users to create a new item of any type, anytime, without navigating to a particular view.
- Global Views: Allows users to customise and save specific data views within different Collibra applications.
- Working View: Allows users to customise any view of their data at any time, then save and return to that working view at a later date.
- Faceted Filters: Much like consumers can run a filtered search on Amazon seeking specific shopping criteria such as size and colour, Collibra enables data citizens to search for data by any characteristic belonging to that data.
- View Improvements: Users can more flexibly sort, add to, delete and reorder data.
- Diagram Overlays: Delivers an improved data lineage experience to allow users to improve visualisation of lineage and relationships.
For more information on Collibra 5.0 and Collibra Catalog, visit www.masterdata.co.za
About Master Data Management
Master Data Management (MDM) provides specialist solutions for data governance, data quality, data integration and MDM. Leveraging the international expertise of its vendors, including Harte-Hanks Trillium Software, Global Data Excellence, Panviva, Varonis and Expressor Software, MDM has provided solutions for clients in financial services, government, mining and telecommunications.